The Administration Support Officer role is part time (5 hours/week) providing business and administrative support. The role works closely with the President and Board to provide support for Post Polio Victoria Inc’s. (PPV) advocacy work. The position will be responsible for maintaining membership, providing information to constituents, maintaining the website and other social media, and preparing and coordinating articles for various communications such as the annual report and regular bulletin.
The role requires you to possess strong interpersonal skills and have experience providing business administration in a not for profit organisation. You are highly organised and are familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, digital platforms i.e social media and marketing tools i.e. Survey Monkey.
Post Polio Victoria Inc. was established in 2011 after a large gathering of people with polio in Melbourne, Victoria. It was clear to us all that we need to advocate for the services we need and to ensure that both we and the health professionals have the necessary information to ensure the best possible care.
Post Polio Victoria (Inc) is run by a volunteer management committee consisting largely of people who have had polio. PPV has no on going funding and its work is reliant on donations and one-off grants.
Our Vision – People and polio, Uniting and thriving
Mission – Through engagement and collaboration with communities we will advocate for best outcomes and equal and equitable access for people with polio to enable all to thrive
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record for being a part of and contributing toward a positive environment.
- Be proactive with the demonstrated ability to apply initiative in the professional environment.
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, friendly, and warm.
- Possess high level written and verbal communication skills, strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and a demonstrated ability to work with the board.
- Have a working understanding of and experience within the not-for-profit and disability sector
Ensure the ongoing administrative effectiveness of the Post Polio Victoria Inc.
- Maintaining professional and friendly communications as the first point of call for general external enquiries and correspondence.
- Maintain systems for membership: registering via email, cognito forms and via Polio Australia
- Receiving and coordinating incoming correspondence, including collecting and distributing e-mail.
- Coordinating the filing and storage of soft and hard copy records including maintaining accurate records of PPV’s electronic filing structures and systems.
- Coordinating the content of the Annual Report and other office publications as required.
- Updating PPV’s website Word Press
- Assisting to develop other social media: FB, Twitter, Linkdin & Instagram
- Maintenance of databases and spread sheets.
- Coordinate the bulletin/newsletter
- Familiarity with OneDrive
Assistance to the President and Board
- Preparing correspondence and documentation including drafting and distribution of letters, emails and flyers.
- Prepare papers for board meetings and forward to committee
- Assist in the production of The Annual Report
- A strong service orientation and understanding of those with additional needs
- Relevant qualifications or previous experience in developing administrative and office systems, preferably within a not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent task prioritisation and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication and customer service skills enabling liaison with a wide range of people.
- Advanced computer skills and abilities, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite, web management
- Grant research/writing
- Advocacy in the disability sector
- A current ABN
- Home liaising via zoom
- Face to Face as required
- Lap top supplied
Hours of Work
- As negotiated with President and successful applicant.
- $30 per hour; must have ABN
Applications should be forwarded to Shirley Glance firstname.lastname@example.org
People with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 8 May 2023
Enquiries: 0411 660 860
Download the position description