Guest Speaker: Dr Kevin Doughty
Morning tea included)
Free to consumers
Find out about a range of technologies and how you can use them in your own home and community.
You will learn how technology can help maintain your wellbeing, remain independent and support your health.
There may also be financial impacts and these will be discussed.
You will get an overview of:
- the role of these technologies
- the importance of the right assessment and choosing the best product for you
- the positive impact of getting it right, for example helping manage chronic conditions and supporting
- dementia care; keeping you safe and keeping you at home as long as possible.
- the pitfalls in using technologies including what happens when a technology is no longer right for you or becomes outdated.
An interactive display will let you see some of the technologies available to support you to live independently. Who should attend:
- Older People
- Families and carers of older relatives