The role of the treasurer is to be responsible for the financial oversight of Post Polio Victoria Inc, ensuring good governance for the continuation of Post Polio Victoria’s work advocating for the needs of people with polio. The role involves approximately 1 hour per fortnight as well as attending committee meetings, and is supported by other committee members as well as by the Administration Assistant.
- Good organisational skills
- Some financial expertise
- Ability to maintain or interpret accurate records
- Honest and trustworthy
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
Specific duties include:
- Administer the financial affairs of the organisation, including
· Accurate receipting and banking of money
· Payment of accounts
· Maintain accurate records of income and expenditure
· Ensuring that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
· Present financial reports at committee meetings and Annual General Meetings
- Report on the organisations financial status to both the Committee and the members
- Prepare budgets, business plans, financial policies and procedures as required.
Please contact the PPV Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the role.